Sweetbriar Nature Center Educational Programs
Sweetbriar Nature Center offers educational opportunities for all ages, either at our nature preserve or at your facility. Whether you want your students to learn about metamorphosis and butterflies, explore the treasures of the tropical rain forest or examine predator/prey relationships, Sweetbriar has the program for you! Our programs are designed to involve participants through the use of live animals, hands-on activities and interactive experiences. It is our hope that all visitors will gain a better understanding and respect for the natural world. Programs are designed by educators to enhance and supplement the life sciences guidelines of the New York State science curriculum. Supplemental materials are provided both before and after each program.
See program descriptions for more information. The programs are listed by grade level. These are suggested grade levels. If you are interested in booking a program that is listed for a different age group, please contact our Program Coordinator and we will work with you. We can also tailor programs to your needs.
Fees (per child)
At your Facility ($200.00 minimum)
|Birds of Prey||$7.00|
|Butterflies and Moths||$6.00|
|Reptiles & Amphibians||$6.00|
|World of Birds||$6.00|
At the Nature Center ($75.00 minimum)
|Butterflies and Moths||$8.00|
|Insects and Their Kin||$7.00|
|LI: Wildlife on the Brink||$7.00|
|Variety of Life||$7.00|
|Web of Life||$6.50|
- Assembly programs available for certain programs. See program descriptions for more information.
- Programs are eligible for BOCES cultural arts reimbursement. See fee schedules and reservation policies.
- Town of Smithtown Schools will have first priority registration.
- Please read our policies and procedures before booking a program.
- 15% discount for programs booked at the nature center in December, January, & February
- There is a $200/program for libraries, senior centers, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, civic organizations, and other groups. Discounts available for multiple programs.
- There is a $20 fee for programs presented outside our travel radius
Contact Nancy Adornetto, Program Coordinator, at 631-979-6344. ext. 103 for more information or to book a date for a program. 9am to 4pm